I know you’re probably all excited to hear about where the hockey fan and I ended up. I’m sad to report this adorable story doesn’t have a happily ever after ending.
We went out quite a few times over the last few weeks. He came to one of my soccer games. He met my sister and best friend. Things seemed to be going decently well, but I never really felt quite sure about it.
I can’t pinpoint where things went sideways. I don’t think there was a specific moment. I think it was more of as low realization that while this guy was pretty incredible, he just wasn’t *my* guy.
I’ve done a lot of reflection on this particular dating adventure. Here’s what I’ve concluded:
- I didn’t like that my lovely, wonderful family kept telling me not to mess it up. It put way too much pressure on it.
- It felt like it was getting way too serious, way too fast.
- I didn’t want to meet his mom, which was the first indicator I may not have been as into it as I would have liked to have been.
And really, the nail in the coffin was while I was away with my Mama in Maui, it felt more like a chore to keep him updated and included rather than excitement to share my adventures with somebody. I realized that was a good way to tell how into a relationship I was.
While I was bummed things weren’t going to work out, I feel like I’m learning so much through this adventure into dating apps. Here’s my top three things I’ve learned:
- I’ve learned to be more confident. Since I started this dating adventure, my self-confidence has increased significantly.
- I’m no longer super nervous talking to strangers (only a little nervous now). I know I can do it because I have multiple times now and they still want to talk to me. The more you do something, the easier it gets. So I say, just do it!
- When it comes to dating, you really have to do what’s best for you – even if that feels a little selfish at times. It’s our own happily ever afters we’re chasing after all.
Thank you for coming along on this ride with me and checking in every so often! I’m so happy you’re here. I’d love to hear some your dating stories.
What have been some of the lessons you’ve learned on your dating journey?